Robbinsville High School announced the protocol for the Class of 2020 commencement exercise, which is set for Saturday, July 18.
The ceremony will take place at Modeal Walsh Memorial Stadium, beginning at 10 a.m. Participation and attendance at graduation is voluntary:
* Graduates should report to the stadium no later than 8 a.m. Upon arrival, all graduates should be dressed for the ceremony in compliance with Graham County Board of Education Policy. Graduates should report to the home side bleachers. All graduates will have their temperature checked at this time.
* Each graduate will receive eight tickets to limit the number of audience members.
* Graduates may pick up tickets from the high school office until Wednesday, July 15. Upon picking up tickets, graduates must provide the names for each guest attending the ceremony.
* Attendees will enter through the entrance designated by school administration. Guests of graduates whose last name begins with letters A-L will enter at the lower gate. Guests of graduates whose last name begins with letters M-Z will enter at the upper gate.
* Families/guests for each graduate must enter the stadium together. No exceptions.
* Families/guests for each graduate must sit together in the stadium. School administrators and school employees will direct and assist with seating guests to ensure social distancing guidelines are practiced. Parents and guests of each graduate are to be seated together. Six feet social distance is required at all times. Both the home side and visitors side of the stadium will be used.
* For attendees with mobility issues with stadium steps, lawn chairs may be brought to the stadium and may only be used along the top of the home side bleachers. Six feet social distance is required at all times. This includes six feet of social distancing from the top row of the stadium and between guests.
* Attendees must remain in assigned seats unless entering, exiting, recognized by school administrators or school employees during the graduation ceremony, or using the restroom facilities.
* In order to enter the stadium, all guests must be wearing a mask and have their temperature taken.
* Hand sanitation stations will be located throughout the stadium.
* Guests will be dismissed by the seating area at the conclusion of the ceremony, to encourage social distancing.
* Attendees must adhere to signage and other markings throughout the stadiums and seating areas. Markers or tape may be used to indicate the distance.
* Attendees who are in high-risk categories or who are sick should not enter the stadium.
* Any graduate who may be concerned about participating in the ceremony should contact the school to make alternate plans to receive his or her diploma.
* Attendees who may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms – such as a temperature at or above 100.4 – must not enter the stadium or facility.
* Attendees are not permitted to bring noise makers or signs into the stadium.
* Graduation programs will be available on a table as graduates, parents, and guests enter the stadium.
Students in each graduating class are expected to adhere to the following dress requirements to participate in graduation activities:
* Men: Dark pants, dark tie, white dress shirt, dark dress shoes and dark socks.
* Women: A dress and dark dress shoes (none that flop). Due to the graduation ceremony being outdoors on the football field, it is suggested that women choose shoes that are flat or wedge heels for ease of walking on the grass.